Step back into history along British Columbia’s legendary Gold Rush Trail. Imagine cozying up in a comfortable winter cabin after a day of exploring serene trails and enjoying the local amenities. As evening approaches, return to your comfortable cabin for a cup of hot cocoa by the fire, or curl up with a favourite book and blanket while enjoying a quiet evening as the flakes gently fall outside.
Across the breadth of the Gold Rush Trail lies numerous opportunities for a cozy cabin getaway this winter…
Winter Cabins in the Bridge River Valley
- Bralorne Adventure Lodge, Bralorne: Only a few hours from Whistler, this is a perfect spot for an adventure-filled getaway, where just outside your door, you can access world-class snowmobiling, skiing, and relax at their backyard spa.
- Chilcotin Holidays, Gold Bridge: Embark on an all-inclusive adventure in the South Chilcotin Mountains, staying in a cozy log cabin and exploring the Chilcotin Mountains by ski or snowmobile. Try your hand at ice fishing too!
- Tyax Lodge & Heliskiing, Gold Bridge: Located on the shores of Tyaughton Lake, Tyax Lodge is one of the province’s top spots for winter adventure. The resort is packed with luxurious amenities. including outdoor hot tubs and spa facilities and offers unlimited vertical for serious heliskiiers.
Winter Cabins Near Likely & Horsefly
- Heron Point Experience, Likely: A place where you can truly disconnect and enjoy nature. There is no power here, but plenty of comfort with a wood-burning stove, ice box and hand-crank coffee grinder, plus plenty of winter trails to explore
- Crooked Lake Resort, Horsefly: An off-the-grid, remote wilderness resort where visitors can enjoy seclusion, solitude and back-country recreation. Also a popular spot for snowmobilers.
Lakeside Winter Cabins Near 70 Mile House
- Fawn Lake Resort, Lone Butte: A secluded lakeside cabin getaway with a variety of different cabin options. Get comfy and back to the basics during a winter stay.
- Sheridan Lake Resort, Lone Butte: Winter activities here include cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, winter hiking, and snowshoeing and you can skate or fish steps from your cabin.
- Wettstone Guest Ranch, Bridge Lake: Immerse yourself in cowboy culture for sleigh rides and dog sledding. Nearby, find snowmobiling, cross-country and downhill skiing, snowshoeing, ice skating, ice fishing, dog sledding and much more!
- Eagan Lake Resort, Bridge Lake: Stay in a beautiful, quiet wilderness retreat with family-sized log cabins and try your hand at some ice fishing for Kokanee and Rainbow Trout (note the lake closes for ice fishing on Jan 1, but there are plenty of good lakes nearby).
- Little Black Bear Lodge B&B, Bridge Lake: Stay in a spectacular log home that features incredible views down to Bridge Lake and mountain background while staying on 11 acres of quiet, wooded splendour. Add on the breakfast buffet to start your morning off right!
- Wolf Valley Guest Ranch, Bridge Lake: Hang out with the ranch’s Highland cattle and friendly horses, as well as local wildlife as you cozy up in a 2-4 person log cabins complete with lakefront views.
- Kayanara, Eagle Creek: Star gazing and Northern lights, snowmobiling, exploring snowy trails or try your hand at ice fishing at this 220-acre property with a selection of winter cabins to host you and your guests.
- Wind And The Pillows B&B And Resort, 70 Mile House: Stay on the shores of Green Lake surrounded by miles of pristine parkland, home to miles of cross-country and snowshoe trails. Take in stunning sunrises and sunsets, and stay up for a chance to spot the Northern Lights on a clear night.
Winter Cabins Along Highway 97
- Mount Timothy, Lac La Hache: Stay in their comfortable chalets right on the mountain, with accommodations of 4-7 people and a terrific ski resort to explore during the day.
- Ten-ee-ah Lodge, Lac La Hache: Stay in a studio or deluxe cabin, or luxury log home with daily buffet breakfast and free use of snowshoes & cross-country skis. Ten-ee-ah’s winter season runs from December 20 to January 5.
- Ruth Lake Lodge, Forest Grove: Stay in a lakeside cabin or at the main lodge, explore the by snowmobile or Nordic skiing, or try your hand at “crokicurl” – a combination of crokinole and curling on the frozen lake. End the day with a relaxing spa treatment or warm-up in the European-style lakeside sauna.
- Echo Valley Ranch & Spa, Clinton: Spend brisk winter days exploring hundreds of acres of pristine wilderness by snowshoe or on foot. Unwind and relax with on-site Thai-inspired spa treatments and enjoy catered meals with a signature experience.
Winter Cabins Near Wells & Barkerville
- Mountain Thyme Getaway, Wells: Located just minutes from Historic Barkerville, with a mountain-view balcony and ‘the Best Cafe in the Cariboo’, the ‘Most Unique Gift Store in the Region’, pub, grocery store just steps away.
Please practice safe, respectful, and responsible travel on the Gold Rush Trail, particularly in the winter months when conditions can change. Visit our responsible travel page for more info and we hope you have a fantastic winter cabin getaway!